The scope of our accreditation includes the following unit standards:
- 117705 - Knowledge of the firearms control act, 2000
- 119649 - Handle and use of a handgun
- 119650 - Handle and use of a self-loading rifle/carbine
- 119651 - Handle and use of a manually operated rifle/carbine
- 119652 - Handle and use of a shotgun
- 123515 - Handle and use of a handgun for business purposes
- 123511 - Handle and use of a self-loading rifle/carbine for business purposes
- 123519 - Handle and use of a manually operated rifle/carbine for business purposes
- 123514 - Handle and use of a shotgun for business purposes
Firearms Training Courses Offered
|117705||Knowledge of FAC 0f 2000||R 500.00||-||R 500.00|
|119649||Handle & Use of a Handgun||R 500.00||R 240.00||R 740.00|
|119650||Handle & Use of a Self-Loading Rifle||R 560.00||R 500.00||R 1060.00|
|119651||Handle & Use of a Manually Operated Rifle||R 560.00||R 110.00||R 670.00|
|119652||Handle & Use of a Shotgun||R 560.00||R 250.00||R 810.00|
|123511||Use of a Self-Loading Rifle (Business Purposes)||R 650.00||R 500.00||R 1150.00|
|123514||Use of a Shotgun (Business Purposes)||R 650.00||R 250.00||R 900.00|
|123515||Use of a Handgun (Business Purposes)||R 650.00||R 600.00||R 1250.00|
|123519||Use of a Manually-Operated Rifle (Business Purposes)||R 650.00||R 450.00||R 1110.00|
You will need to complete the following steps to obtain your new firearm:
- Complete the firearm training courses applicable to the weapon you intend to purchase.
- Apply for, and pass, firearm competency certification at the SAPS.
- Pay the required 60% deposit on a Firearm you wish to purchase. The balance must be paid in full within 3 months of sale.
- Apply for a firearm licence at SAPS.
Our firearm training centre in Empangeni, as well as our shooting range, are fully accredited with The South African Police Service, NRCS, SASSETA, PFTC (South African Professional Firearm Trainers) and IFTA (The International Firearm Training Academy).